Thursday, September 25, 2008

Turtle bay Hawaii - Day 2

This is Pearl Harbor! Holy cow, it was simply amazing to feel of the respect and spirit that was there! I absolutely love it! I have a higher respect and interest in the military, navy, etc.... It was simply amazing to see all the the sites with Pearl Harbor and to hear of them talk about the ships and crew. Here are just a few pictures. Trust me I have tons more pictures. but you know I don't want to take the time to put them all up. So, I will have to do it maybe when I get home.


We also took the little boat ride to the center of the harbor where the boats sank. It was amazing. we walked on the little memorial that they have there, and the spirit was so strong. But as we were on the boat back there was this amazing rainbow! That is so cool! I will have to get the picture on here for you soon. Hopefully I can do that.













Earlier today I was able to go on a walk with my parents and then with Mark. It was so cool. We saw a lot of these amazing trees. I absolutely love it. It brought out a good point and helped open my eyes to a lot of things. If you notice the tree has a whole bunch of roots! They are shooting out of every part of the the trunk. It does that, because they need that extra support. I absolutely love it. It reminded me of the gospel and how we needed to be rooted into the gospel. I had to take a couple of pictures. They are spread out all over the island. I love it every time I see them, I smile and pray that I'm going to be that rooted into the gosple. So that I'm not ever ever going to fall down.

Mark and I went to the beach. It was way cool, we got some really good pictures as a light mist of rain was coming down on us. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the Rooster that we saw that was running way from us. It was simply amazing! It would cock and then run from us. All I wanted was a picture. If I was a little faster I would have video taped it. I don't think I have ever felt so close to nature as I have here. I simply love it. I feel so much apart of the earth.

Today we also went to the International Market. It was really cool. There is this area where you have tons of street venders. It was a sight to be had. I wish I would have taken a picture. Luckily we didn't get through all of the stores so we will just need to go back. There is so much to do here!

No comments: