Friday, February 12, 2010

Long Time Awaiting

I have to admit that I have completely slacked on this whole blog thing. Although I do have an excuse for a little bit of time in slacking, since I was on my mission in Michigan Detroit. I just need to get back into the swing of this again.
I am now back obviously and going to massage college. I wish I would have gotten into this a lot sooner. I can't complain about getting a massage every day I'm at school, whether it is a foot massage or a full body massage, I don't really mind. I love it all anyways!
I thought for sure I would have a really hard time, with this. If any of you truly know me you know that I don't like to be touched and I don't like to touch people. I have or maybe I should say now, I had a bubble the size of China or may be the size of Asia! Anyway, the bubble was really big, but now I know that I don't have that big of a bubble. I rather enjoy massages!
I have been put in a really great school, that teaches you to pay attention to your surroundings and to be aware of your inner self. I love that! I love the fact that it relates so well to the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I've also been blessed with some of the most amazing friends, Heavenly Father has really put so many friends in my path so that I can really come to recognize my true potential. I love the fact that my friends help keep me on the path, no matter how hard it is for them to get things out of me.
I have truly learned that the way that I used to deal with things isn't really a healthy way. I feel as though I'm going through a huge "refiners fire" at the moment. Which I am grateful for, I would never change any of my "refiner fires" for anything, or maybe I should change them to "temple prisons." I am so grateful for where Heavenly Father has put me and the places that I am put in to help me and most importantly to help others.
School updates:
  • I have done extremely well on all my quizes and tests in all my classes!
  • I have about 8 classes: Anatomy and physiology, swedish massage, tai chi, therapeutic principles, nutrition, reflexology, survey of body works, aromatherapy
  • I got my very own massage table, and massage chair!
  • Midterms are over and I did well
  • I did a full body massage in 30min!
If any of you would like a massage for a beginner student let me know, I would love to do it. I need all the practice I can get!

3 comments:

Sean and Alison said...

Wahoo Kim! That is awesome that you are in Massage School! Good for you! I would LOVE a massage by the way! Being back in school myself is making my muscles go crazy tight :P Keep up the good work!

Karen Prier said...

Wow what great friends you have to pull your stuff out of you!! Ha, ha!!! your so funny! love ya!

Janeal Hiatt said...

Hey Kim.. Where are you doing you masasage schooling at? I am glad that you are enjoying it!! ;)-janeal